Athena Russell's Moroccan Turkey on Almond Couscous
This apricot glazed whole roasted turkey, infused with fresh sage butter, will do you and your holiday table proud.
1 (7.6-ounce) box wheat couscous
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 (4-ounce) Honeysuckle White® Turkey Breast Cutlets
2 cups chopped eggplant
2 cups coarsely chopped tomatoes
1 cup low-sodium, reduced-fat chicken broth
12 dried apricot halves, chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup orange segments
2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Cook couscous according to package directions. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- In large skillet, heat oil; add turkey. Cook over medium-high heat until browned on all sides and juices run clear, about 8 minutes. Remove turkey from skillet; set aside.
- In same skillet, combine eggplant, tomatoes, broth, apricots, cumin, cinnamon and red pepper flakes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until eggplant softens.
- Return turkey to skillet. Add orange segments; cook about 3 minutes or until turkey is heated through.
- Spoon warm couscous onto serving platter. Sprinkle with almonds. Top with cooked turkey breasts; surround with vegetable mixture.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.