Basil Pesto Turkey with Citrus Sauce
Fresh basil-marinated turkey tenderloins are grilled and served with pungent citrus sauce.
2 packages Honeysuckle White® Turkey Breast Tenderloins
2 cups fresh basil
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup orange marmalade
2 (8 ounce) cans Mandarin oranges, drained
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons dried basil for garnish (optional)
1 orange, cut into 6 wedges for garnish (optional)
- Blanch basil in boiling water 10 seconds. Place in ice water. Drain.
- Place basil and oil in blender. Purée until smooth, reserving 1/3 cup for basting.
- Place turkey in a flat glass dish, coat with marinade. Cover with lid or plastic wrap. Refrigerate 20 minutes to 10 hours, discarding used marinade when finished.
- While turkey is marinating, combine all sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Heat on back of grill or on the stove.
- Grill turkey, turning and basting with marinade until no longer pink in the center or until temperature is 170°F (80°C).
- Serve tenderloins with citrus sauce and garnish with dried basil and orange wedges.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.