Chicken or Turkey Surprise
"This dish is very easy, delicious, and very filling. I have made this dish for many friends and family, many who do not care for sour cream. However, they enjoyed this meal and came back for seconds. I hope you all will enjoy this as much as we have." Recipe submitted by Laurie Klimek from Jessup, Maryland.
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or turkey tenderloins
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
1 'roll or sleeve' round buttery crackers (35 crackers)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Poach chicken or turkey in enough water to cover until no longer pink inside. Remove from pan and when cool enough to handle, cut into cubes.
- Meanwhile, combine chicken soup (undiluted) with sour cream in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Place the cubed chicken in a glass casserole dish.
- Pour sour cream and soup mixture on top.
- Crumble crackers on top of mixture and pour melted butter on top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until top is golden.
Makes 4 servings.