Elegant Turkey, Cranberry and Brie Quesadillas
Recipe courtesy of Cranberry Marketing Committee.
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
1 ounce (1/2 cup) chives, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 pound turkey breast cutlets
2 cups Brie, rind removed
8 (8-inch) low-fat flour tortillas
1 cup cranberries, sweetened dried
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
1/2 cup thinly sliced chives
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Purée topping ingredients in food processor until smooth. Refrigerate.
- Sauté cutlets in lightly oiled skillet over medium heat 5 minutes per side until turkey is no longer pink in center and reaches internal temperature of 170°F (76.6°C). Cool and shred.
- To Make Quesadillas: Spread 1/2 cup Brie over tortilla. Layer 1/2 cup turkey, 1/4 cup cranberries, 2 tablespoons walnuts and 2 tablespoons chives. Top with second tortilla.
- Bake quesadillas on baking sheet 8 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with chive topping.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 820; Calories From Fat: 39; Saturated Fat: 15g; Cholesterol: 155mg; Total Carbs: 75g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 53g; Sodium: 1280mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Cranberry Marketing Committee.