Festive Turkey Cups
"These turkey filled muffins will be a great recipe to have handy soon after Thanksgiving." Recipe submitted by Konnie Payne from Tupelo, MS.
1 (10-count) can refrigerated biscuits
1 package turkey gravy mix
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed*
4 ounces diced pimientos, drained**
1 cup cubed turkey or chicken
1/4 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In two 6-cup muffin pans, press one biscuit onto bottom and sides of each cup (will fill 10 cups). Refrigerate until ready to fill.
- Blend gravy mix and milk; set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in peas, pimientos, turkey and thyme; heat thoroughly. Pour gravy over turkey mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until gravy comes to a boil, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Spoon turkey mixture into prepared pan with biscuits. Bake for 15 minutes.
Makes 5 servings.
*May substitute peas with 1 cup frozen broccoli, thawed.
**May substitute pimientos with 1/2 cup diced bell pepper.