Ginger Turkey Stir-Fry
Lemon, honey-gingered turkey stir-fry with carrots, broccoli, mushrooms and water chestnuts served over cooked bulgar.
2 cups boiling water
1 cup bulgur
1/3 cup water
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cups diagonally sliced carrots
2 cups chopped broccoli
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
1 pound turkey tenderloins, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- For Bulgur: Pour boiling water over bulgur and let stand for 1 hour; drain.
- For Stir-Fry: In a bowl combine water, lemon juice, honey, grated gingerroot, soy sauce, and crushed garlic clove. Add cornstarch and stir until dissolved; set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet heat oil over high heat. Add sliced carrots and stir-fry for 3 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Add chopped broccoli, sliced mushrooms, and sliced water chestnuts; stir-fry about 2 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Stir-fry sliced turkey until lightly browned.
- Add the sauce and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add vegetables and heat through.
- Serve over the bulgur wheat.
Makes 6 servings.