Glazed Turkey Tenderloins with Blackberry Sauce
Turkey—it's not just for Thanksgiving anymore. Enjoy these elegant turkey breasts, quickly broiled (or grilled) and topped with a sweet, deep purple sauce of blackberries, any time of the year.
1 tablespoon soy sauce
3 tablespoons water - divided use
1 teaspoon honey
1 pound boneless skinless turkey breast, rinsed and patted dry
1 1/2 cups blackberries, rinsed
1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small dish, combine soy sauce, 1 tablespoon water and honey.
- Cut turkey breasts in half; brush one side of breasts with honey mixture and broil 7 to 9 minutes on top broiler rack. Turn turkey and broil 6 more minutes, basting with the rest of the honey sauce. Slit turkey to check for doneness: meat should not be pink, turkey is done when the thermometer registers 170°F (approximately 75°C). Keep warm.
- Place blackberries in blender and process until smooth. Strain to remove any seeds.
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining 2 tablespoons water, orange juice concentrate and cornstarch. Heat, stirring, until orange concentrate has dissolved.
- Add berry purée to sauce and cook until thick, bubbly and glossy, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook for 1 more minute. Spoon over turkey breasts to serve.
Makes 4 servings.