Greek Seasoned Turkey with Rice Pilaf
A fairly quick and easy entrée, grilled turkey breast cutlets prepared with traditional Greek flavors.
1 package Honeysuckle White® Turkey Breast Cutlets
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon Greek-style seasoning
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or use: 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
Nonstick cooking spray
Saucepan Rice Pilaf:
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
1 to 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 1/2 cups long grain rice
Scant 3 cups water
1 teaspoon chicken soup base or boullion granules
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- For Turkey: Combine ingredients in a large, heavy-duty, zip-top bag. Add turkey. Seal bag and shake until turkey is well-coated. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray.
- Remove turkey from marinade and place on rack.
- Grill covered for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until turkey has reached an internal temperature of 170°F (80°C).
- For Saucepan Rice Pilaf: Melt butter in a 2-quart saucepan, add onion, carrot and garlic and sauté until onion is translucent. Stir in rice and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients, except for parsley, and bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer, without lifting the lid, for 20 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat, stir gently to fluff and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Adapted recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.