Grilled Turkey Breast
with Emmenthaler Cheese & Prosciutto
Marinated and grilled turkey breast stuffed with cheese and prosciutto ham.
1 1/2 cups white wine
1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
5 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
3 green onions, chopped
3 1/2 pounds Honeysuckle White® Turkey Breast
1/4 pound sliced prosciutto ham
1/4 pound Emmenthaler cheese
- Mix all marinade ingredients, except for green onions, in blender or food processor. Process for 2 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup for basting.
- Add green onions to the remaining (2 cups) marinade and pour over turkey. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes turning turkey often to coat. (Important: discard used marinade - never use for basting.)
- Make a deep cut in the turkey breast. Insert slices of prosciutto, then cheese until all slices are used up. Close the opening with toothpicks.
- Place turkey skin side down and sear for 3 to 4 minutes. Baste with reserved, unused marinade and turn again.
- Cook turkey in a covered grill for 20 minutes or until temperature reaches 170°F (approximately 75°C).
Makes 10 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.