Grilled Whole Turkey
A grilled whole turkey that is moist, tender and flavorful. You may never go back to the traditional oven-roasted method again!
1 (12-pound) whole turkey
Salt and ground black pepper, as needed
2 cups water
3 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon chopped parsley
1 teaspoon paprika
- Prepare an outdoor grill for indirect medium heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Rinse turkey, and pat dry. Season inside and out with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Place turkey breast side down on the prepared grill. Sear turkey on both sides until skin is golden to dark brown.
- In a large roasting pan, mix together the water, bouillon powder, garlic powder, onion powder, poultry seasoning, parsley, and paprika.
- Place turkey breast side down in the roasting pan. Scoop the pan mixture over the turkey. Cover tightly with foil and place on grill.
- Grill 3 to 4 hours, until the internal temperature of the thigh reaches 180°F (85°C). Remove turkey from grill and let stand 15 minutes before carving.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.