Grilled Whole Turkey
Grilled whole turkey makes a wonderfully special holiday entrée—because nothing beats the flavor of a grilled bird!
1 (12-pound) whole turkey
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare an outdoor grill for indirect medium-high heat.
- Rinse turkey and pat dry. Turn wings back to hold neck skin in place. Return legs to tucked position. Brush turkey with oil. Season inside and out with Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper.
- Place turkey, breast side up, on a metal grate inside a large roasting pan.
- Arrange pan on the prepared grill.
- Grill 2 to 3 hours, to an internal thigh temperature of 180°F (85°C).
- Remove turkey from grill and let stand 15 minutes before carving.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.