Honey-Orange Turkey Drumsticks
Turkey drumsticks dipped in bread crumbs and baked in a mixture of honey, orange juice and ginger. Serve with cooked rice.
5 pounds Honeysuckle White® Fresh Drumettes
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons water
1 cup bread crumbs or matzah meal
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup hot water
1/4 cup honey
1 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, grated or 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Beat the eggs with 2 teaspoons water.
- Mix the bread crumbs with the salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Dip the turkey pieces in the egg and then in the bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet and brown the turkey on all sides.
- Combine the hot water with the honey and orange juice.
- Place the turkey in a casserole dish and cover with honey mixture, add ginger. Cover and simmer in the oven for 45 minutes, basting occasionally.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.