Jerk-Marinated Turkey Tenderloins
Turkey tenderloins soak for a short while in a marinade made with orange juice, gingerroot, honey and Jamaican jerk seasoning prior to being grilled, sliced and served over a flavorful rice and bean pilaf.
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon Jamaican jerk seasoning
1 package (about 1 pound) Honeysuckle White® Turkey Breast Tenderloins
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 cup long-grain white rice
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 (15.25-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Mix together orange juice, gingerroot, honey and jerk seasoning.
- Place turkey in large resealable bag or baking dish. Pour orange juice mixture over turkey; refrigerate 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Drain turkey, reserving marinade for basting.
- Grill over gas or charcoal 5 minutes on each side; cover and continue to cook 10 minutes more, basting occasionally, until turkey is cooked through and has reached an internal temperature of 170°F (80°C).
- While turkey is cooking, heat oil in large saucepan. Add green onions, bell pepper, and cayenne; cook about 5 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
- Add rice; cook, stirring occasionally, 2-3 minutes or until rice is hot and coated with oil.
- Add broth and beans; bring to a simmer.
- Cook over low heat, covered, 20 minutes or until all liquid had been absorbed.
- Stir in cilantro; mound rice on serving platter or individual plates.
- Carve turkey into slices and arrange on top of rice.
Makes 6 servings.
Oven Directions: To cook in oven, heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Place turkey on a baking pan, cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake about 15 minutes more or until internal temperature reaches 170°F (80°C).
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.