Oven-Fried Turkey Drumsticks
Economical, hefty-sized turkey drumsticks are coated in a seasoned flour and cornmeal breading and baked until crispy.
2 packages Honeysuckle White® Drumsticks (about 2 to 3 pounds)
1 1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
6 tablespoons cornmeal
4 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Mix coating ingredients and pour some into a shallow bowl.
- Brush drumsticks with egg white and coat evenly with the crumb mixture by rolling them in crumb bowl.
- Place drumsticks on shallow baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour.
- Check for doneness with a meat thermometer in the deepest part of the meat, not touching bone. Thermometer should read 180°F to 185°F (85°C).
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.