Petti de Tacchino Impanati
Marinated turkey breast cutlets, breaded and served with a green herb sauce containing capers, cocktail onions, parley, basil, vinegar, and olive oil.
2 teaspoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Pinch of nutmeg
1 1/2 tablespoons grated onion
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
2 large eggs, beaten
1 pound Honeysuckle White® Breast Cutlets
1 1/2 cups crushed garlic seasoned croutons (or seasoned bread crumbs)
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium lemon for garnish
Green Herb Sauce:
1/4 cup capers, drained and chopped
1/4 cup cocktail onions, finely chopped
1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon dried basil or use: 2 tablespoons fresh basil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- For Egg Wash-Marinade: Beat Parmesan, nutmeg, onion, salt and pepper with egg. Marinate cutlets under refrigeration in mixture.
- Spread bread crumbs on plate.
- Heat butter and oil in sauté pan over medium high flame.
- Just before frying, dip each cutlet into crumbs and cover completely. Sauté until cooked through and golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve over Green Herb Sauce with a twist of lemon.
- Sauce: Place all ingredients in a non-reactive bowl and whisk until well emulsified.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.