Raspberry Glazed Turkey Tenderloins
A fruit glaze keeps lean turkey breast tenderloins moist during broiling or grilling. To balance the berry sweetness, you might serve a lightly dressed green salad alongside.
4 turkey breast tenderloins (about 2 1/4 pounds total)
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1/2 teaspoon dry thyme
- Rinse turkey and pat dry; set aside.
- In a 2 to 3-quart pan, whisk together the jam, vinegar, mustard, orange peel and thyme. Bring to a boil over high heat; then boil, stirring, until reduced by about a fourth. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the glaze; brush some of the remaining glaze over turkey.
- Set turkey on a rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Broil about 4-inches below heat, turning and basting once with remaining glaze, until meat in thickest part is no longer pink; cut to test (8 to 10 minutes).
- To serve, cut across the grain into thin slices and arrange on dinner plates. Offer reserved 1/2 cup glaze to spoon over individual servings.
Makes 4 servings.