Seared Turkey Breast
with Polenta and Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Pan-seared turkey breast served with wedges of Parmesan polenta and a savory roasted red pepper sauce.
1 pound Honeysuckle White® Breast Tenderloins
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (16-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, including the liquid
2 dash garlic salt
2 dash white pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
6 cups water
2 cups yellow cornmeal
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- For Turkey: Season turkey cutlets with salt, pepper, and thyme. In a heated saucepan, add oil and sear turkey for about one minute on each side. Finish cooking turkey in the oven, baking in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for about 10 minutes or until done.
- For Sauce: discard any garlic that may have been included in the jar of peppers. Add first 5 sauce ingredients to a blender or food chopper and purée. Set aside.
- Place oil in a small frying pan and add the onions. Fry over low heat until caramelized. Add the pepper mixture to the frying pan, stirring to combine. Cook only until warmed through.
- For Polenta: bring the water to a boil in a large cast iron skillet. Over a medium - low flame, start sprinkling in the cornmeal, very slowly while stirring constantly with a whisk to prevent lumps. Add the salt and butter. Once all the cornmeal has been added, keep mixture at a simmer, and stir frequently with a wooden spoon. It should take between 25 to 30 minutes to fully cook the polenta.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and cook a few minutes more. The polenta is done when it pulls away from the sides of the pot easily. Cool slightly to firm up, and cut into wedges to serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.