Skillet Turkey Cutlets
Breaded and sautéed turkey cutlets served with pan-seared carrots, onion, mushrooms and spinach with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1 pound turkey cutlets
1 large egg, beaten
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
2 carrots, sliced
1 onion, chopped
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/2 pound spinach
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a shallow dish, place dry bread crumbs.
- Dip sliced turkey in beaten egg, then the bread crumbs.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil and fry the turkey until browned. Remove the turkey and wipe out the skillet.
- Add butter to skillet and sauté sliced carrots, and diced onion. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms, seasoned salt, and lemon pepper, cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add spinach and cook just until wilted.
- Return the turkey to skillet, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, and heat through. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.