Take-Two Turkey Tetrazzini
Try something new with leftover turkey with this simple casserole that combines chunks of cooked turkey with a creamy, cheese sauce, a variety of veggies and spaghetti—it’s a great-tasting dish your family will enjoy.
8 ounces dry spaghetti
1 (16-ounce) package frozen vegetable blend (peas, carrots, corn, beans)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
1 (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
3/4 cup (2.25 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese - divided use
2 cups (about 10 ounces) cooked turkey, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, adding frozen vegetables to boiling pasta water for last minute of cooking time; drain. Return pasta and vegetables to cooking pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat; gradually stir in broth. Return to heat; bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir in evaporated milk and 1/2 cup cheese; cook over low heat until cheese melts. Remove from heat. Stir in turkey.
- Pour cheese sauce over pasta and vegetables; mix lightly. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 250 Calories from Fat: 50 Total Fat: 5 g Saturated Fat: 305 g Cholesterol: 40 mg Sodium: 410 mg Carbohydrates: 28 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 6 g Protein: 17 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.