Teriyaki Turkey and Vegetable Stir-Fry
Turkey breast cubes are marinated in teriyaki sauce overnight for this special stir-fry dish.
1 1/4 pounds fresh turkey breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cup prepared teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons peanut oil
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
2 celery ribs, chopped
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
2 cups bean sprouts
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Combine turkey and teriyaki sauce in a bowl and toss until evenly coated. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove turkey from marinade, reserving both separately; set aside.
- Heat a large wok over medium-high heat. Add oil and heat until very hot, but not smoking. Carefully add turkey and stir-fry until browned on all sides and thoroughly cooked, about 6 minutes. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add onion, red bell pepper and celery to wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and continue to stir-fry until softened, about 2 more minutes.
- Return turkey to pan along with bean sprouts and green onions, cook until bean sprouts are just wilted, about 1 minute.
- Pour in reserved marinade and stir to coat.
- Mix water and cornstarch together and add to wok. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.