Tomato Turkey Noodle Bake
This terrific tomato turkey noodle casserole is a tasty use for leftover turkey that your family will enjoy.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 (14-ounce) cans diced tomatoes in juice
8 ounces noodles
2 large eggs, beaten
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese - divided use
1/4 cup milk
2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Add chopped onion and crushed garlic cloves; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add thyme, salt, rosemary, pepper and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Stir often.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to the package directions; drain.
- In a large bowl, toss the noodles with beaten eggs, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, and milk.
- In a shallow baking dish, layer half of the noodle mixture; spoon half the tomato mixture over the noodles. Top with cooked, chopped turkey. Repeat the layers using 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese; sprinkle 1/4 cup on top.
- Bake, uncovered, until firm, about 25 to 30 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Makes 6 servings.