Turkey & Stuffing Bake
The use of ranch dressing and the occasional sweet-chewy bite of a dried cranberry, kicks this classic stuffing casserole into a whole new flavor zone! This recipe works just as well with cooked chicken, too!
1 (4.25-ounce) jar sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 1/4 cup ranch dressing - divided use
2/3 cup water
3 cups seasoned stuffing mix
1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
3 cups (about 1 pound) coarsely shredded cooked turkey
- Drain mushrooms, reserving liquid; set aside.
- Melt butter over medium high heat in large skillet. Add celery and onions; cook 4 minutes or until soft.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup dressing, water and reserved mushroom liquid.
- Stir in stuffing mix and cranberries until thoroughly moistened.
- In a separate bowl, combine turkey, mushrooms and remaining 3/4 cup dressing; spread evenly in greased 8-inch baking dish.
- Top with stuffing mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 40 minutes or until bubbly and brown.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Recipe provided by Hidden Valley courtesy of The Association For Dressings and Sauces.