Turkey Cutlets Piccata
Sautéed turkey cutlets served with a zesty lemon and caper butter sauce, garnished with crisp-fried prosciutto strips.
1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil - divided use
2 thin slices prosciutto (about 1 ounce), cut into 1/4 x 2-inch strips
1 package (about 1 1/2 pounds) Honeysuckle White® Turkey Breast Cutlets
Salt and black pepper
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
Juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium heat.
- Add prosciutto; cook, stirring frequently, until crisp and golden-brown.
- Remove prosciutto with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Add remaining oil to skillet; heat over medium heat.
- Season turkey with salt and pepper.
- Cook turkey about 4 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Add broth, lemon juice, lemon zest and capers; simmer until about 1/2 cup liquid remains. Add parsley and butter; simmer 1 minute more or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Place turkey on platter or individual plates; spoon sauce over.
- Garnish with prosciutto.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.