A tasty hash using cooked turkey, mushrooms, onions, heavy cream and stuffing mix.
1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 garlic clove, crushed
4 cups chopped cooked turkey
3 cups stuffing mix
1/2 cup turkey, chicken or vegetable broth
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese
- In a saucepan sauté chopped onion in butter until tender.
- Add sliced mushrooms and crushed garlic. Sauté over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add chopped turkey, stuffing mix, and broth. Cook for 5 minutes, or until heated through, stirring frequently.
- Stir in cream, chopped parsley, and nutmeg. Cook for 4 minutes, or until browned on the bottom.
- Sprinkle with shredded Swiss cheese. Broil until the cheese browns.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.