Turkey Tenders Francaise
This is an elegant, but easy to prepare dish, that's sure to please your guests or family. Breaded and pan-fried turkey cutlets are served with a rich rosemary flavored gravy.
1/4 cup butter
1 lemon, ends removed, diced with peel
3/4 cup diced green onions
3 tablespoons capers, optional
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
1 (12-ounce) jar turkey gravy
1 package Butterball® Turkey Tenders
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 large eggs, beaten
4 cups hot cooked basmati rice
- Melt butter in a 1-quart. saucepan on medium-high heat. Add lemon. Cook 3 to 4 minutes until lemon just starts to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in green onions, capers, garlic and rosemary. Cook 1 minute. Stir in gravy. Bring to boiling; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place tenders in large self-sealing plastic bag. Flatten to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet.
- Dredge cutlets in combined flour, salt and pepper. Dip each into eggs.
- Generously spray large skillet with cooking spray. Heat on medium heat. Add half of the coated tenders. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side until coating is golden brown. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining cutlets.
- Place rice on serving platter. Top with cutlets. Spoon gravy over all.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 564; Fat 13g; Cholesterol 141; Protein 39g; Saturated Fat 4g; Trans Fat 0g; Sodium 812mg; Carbohydrates 77g; Sugar 3g; Iron 0%; Fiber 0%; Calcium 0%.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Butterball, LLC.