The classic, after-Thanksgiving casserole everybody loves!
8 ounces dry spaghetti, cooked, drained and kept warm
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
3 tablespoons butter or margarine - divided use
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese - divided use
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
1 (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
2 cups chopped cooked turkey
2 (4-ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
2 tablespoons dry sherry
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Combine bread crumbs and 2 tablespoons butter in small bowl. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese.
- Melt remaining butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat; gradually stir in broth. Return to heat; bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir in evaporated milk and remaining cheese; cook over low heat until cheese melts. Remove from heat. Stir in turkey, mushrooms, peas and sherry.
- Combine pasta and turkey mixture in large bowl. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumb topping.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 350 Calories from Fat: 110 Total Fat: 12 g Saturated Fat: 7 g Cholesterol: 100 mg Sodium: 730 mg Carbohydrates: 23 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 7 g Protein: 34 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.