Tuxedo Turkey Pizza
This jazzy pizza was winner of the Best Dressed Sandwich Contest. Created by Chefs Karen Putman and Cheryl Cassady of the Argosy Casino in Kansas City, Missouri.
2 tablespoons dry-pack sundried tomatoes, julienned
1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 (2.25-ounce) can ripe olives, drained, sliced
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
3 tablespoons fat-free White Wine Vinaigrette or Italian salad dressing
3 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
1 (16-ounce) loaf herb focaccia bread or prebaked boboli crust
8 ounces turkey (or chicken) strips, cooked, boneless, skinless
2 Slices (2 ounces) provolone cheese, cut into strips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Soak tomatoes in hot water for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Combine mushrooms, olives, red onion and dressing. Set aside.
- Spread mayonnaise on focaccia. Top with tomatoes, turkey and cheese.
- Place focaccia on foil-lined pizza or cookie sheet.
- Bake until cheese is melted and focaccia is heated thoroughly (about 5 minutes).
- Top pizza with mushroom mixture. Cut into wedges and serve with fresh fruit.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Tip: To reduce fat: Use low-fat or fat-free mayonnaise, salad dressing or cheese and reduce amount of olives or substitute with drained, sliced artichoke hearts.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): 533 calories, 21g fat, 35% of calories from fat, 59mg cholesterol, 1072mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate, 3g (13% of Daily Value) fiber, 31g protein, 181 IU (4%) Vitamin A, 1.4mg (2%) Vitamin C, 247mg (25%) calcium, 4mg (23%) iron.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Association For Dressings and Sauces.