Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Veal round steak braised in a savory sauce
with sautéed onions, mushrooms and lemon slices.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons beef base or bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds veal round steak, cut
into serving-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces whole fresh mushrooms
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into
- 2 slices lemon
- 1 bay leaf
- Mix flour, water, wine, beef base, basil,
thyme, marjoram, salt, pepper and garlic powder in small mixing
bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add veal. Fry
over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Remove veal from
skillet; set aside.
- Add onion to drippings in skillet. Saute
over medium heat until softened. Reduce heat to low. Stir in
remaining ingredients and the veal. Add flour mixture to skillet.
Stir, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 25 to 30 minutes,
or until mushrooms are tender. Remove and discard bay leaf. Serve
Makes 4 servings.