Easy Veal Piccata
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
1 pound veal cutlets, cut 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick (may use scallopini)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
2/3 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons drained capers
1 teaspoon butter
- Pound veal cutlets to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Combine flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Lightly coat cutlets with flour mixture.
- Heat 1/2 of oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook cutlets in batches, 2 to 4 minutes or until cooked through, turning once. Remove; keep warm.
- Add wine and lemon juice to skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until browned bits attached to skillet are dissolved and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in capers and butter. Serve over cutlets.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.