Sautéed Veal and Fettuccine
Breaded and sautéed veal cutlets served with fettuccine tossed with a spicy Parmesan cream sauce.
1/2 pound butter
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 3/4 cups dry bread crumbs
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3 large eggs
4 teaspoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 pounds veal cutlets, sliced
1 1/2 vegetable cups oil
8 ounces dry fettuccine, prepared according to package directions
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat; add cream and cayenne pepper. Raise the heat to medium-high and with a whisk whip the cream mixture constantly as it comes to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce has reduced and coats a spoon, about 7 to 8 minutes, whisking constantly. Remove from the heat and gradually add grated Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- In a shallow pan, combine dry bread crumbs, chopped parsley, olive oil, white pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and grated Parmesan cheese. Soak sliced veal in the egg mixture for at least 5 minutes, coating evenly.
- Meanwhile, heat oil to about 400°F (205°C) in a large skillet. Dredge the veal in the bread crumbs, coating well and pressing the crumbs in with your hands; shaking off any excess. Fry the veal in the hot oil until golden brown, about 1 minute per side.
- Return the cream sauce to the heat and add the cooked fettuccine, tossing until evenly coated. Place the veal on top to serve.
Makes 6 servings.