Breaded veal scallops sautéed and served with a sherried pan sauce over cooked noodles.
2 pounds veal cutlets
3 large eggs
1/4 cup half-and-half
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup dry bread crumbs
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/4 cups chicken broth
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 cup sherry
Cooked noodles for accompaniment
- Pound veal very thin with a meat mallet.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, half-and-half, grated Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Coat the veal lightly with 2 tablespoons flour then dip the egg mixture. Coat with dry bread crumbs.
- Brown in butter and olive oil; set aside.
- Add to the pan drippings, 1 tablespoon flour, chicken broth, lemon juice, and sherry. Simmer until slightly thickened and serve over the browned veal with cooked noodles.
Makes 8 servings.