Veal Cutlets with Lemon and Curry
Sautéed veal cutlets served with a brandied lemon-curry sauce over rice.
1 pound veal, sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 onions, chopped
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
3 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons brandy
Cooked long-grain rice for accompaniment
- Season sliced veal with salt, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon curry.
- Heat oil and brown the veal cutlets on both sides. Remove the meat; set aside.
- Add chopped onions and sauté until soft. Add cream and tomato paste. Cook until thick then add lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon curry, and chopped parsley.
- Return the veal cutlets to the sauce. Add brandy and heat through.
- Serve with the cooked rice.
Makes 6 servings.