Veal in Wild Mushroom Sauce
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
4 (1-inch thick) veal chops
1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons olive oil - divided use
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 ounces assorted mushrooms, such as oyster and shiitake, sliced if large
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup beer
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Press rosemary evenly onto veal.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place veal in skillet; cook 12 to 14 minutes for medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove veal; season with salt. Keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in stock, beer, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and hot sauce.
- Increase heat to medium-high; bring to a boil. Cook 12 minutes or until sauce is reduced to syrupy consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Return veal and accumulated juices to skillet. Cook over medium-low heat 2 to 3 minutes or until chops are heated through, turning occasionally to coat.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.