Veal Roast Provencal
Tender veal roast served with a Provencal-style tomato and wine pan sauce.
4 tablespoons dried parsley
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 1/4 teaspoons dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 pounds veal
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice, undrained
1/3 cup dry white wine
- Combine dried parsley, olive oil, thyme, garlic powder, pepper, and salt. Rub over a veal roast.
- Do not preheat the oven. Place the roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert a meat thermometer, do not add water or cover.
- Roast at 325°F (160°C) until the thermometer registers 155°F (65°C), approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Transfer the veal to a warm platter; let stand for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain the fat from the roasting pan, then add the undrained tomatoes and white wine; stirring well. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.