Sesame, garlic and ginger marinated strips of veal are threaded onto skewers and grilled.
1 pound veal cutlets
1/3 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons sliced green onions
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 teaspoon salt
12 (10-inch) bamboo skewers
- Slice veal into 1-inch wide strips.
- Combine white wine, green onions, sesame oil, gingerroot, garlic and salt in a plastic bag. Add the veal strips, turning to coat. Close the bag securely and marinate in the refrigerator from 30 minutes to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill. Soak skewers in water for 10 minutes.
- Remove veal from marinade and thread evenly on the skewers; do not crowd.
- Place the kabobs on a grill 4-inches to 5-inches above the coals.
- Grill for 4 to 5 minutes, until done, turning once.
Makes 4 (3 skewer) servings.