Veal Steaks with Tomato-Pepper Relish
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
4 veal steaks, cut 1 inch thick (approximately 8 ounces each)
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 (14.5 to 16-ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained, chopped
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, roasted peppers and hot pepper sauce.
- Simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Place veal steaks in skillet; cook 12 to 14 minutes for medium doneness, turning once. Season with salt, as desired.
- Stir vinegar into relish; serve with veal.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.