Veal Stroganoff with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Sun-dried tomatoes add bursts of intense flavor and color to this veal dish with a creamy mushroom and vermouth sauce.
4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
1/4 cup boiling water
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups sliced onion
2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3/4 pound veal, cubed
1/4 cup vermouth
2 tablespoons brown mustard
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Combine sliced sun-dried tomatoes and boiling water in a small bowl; set aside to soften.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat; add onions and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and garlic; sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add veal and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Drain sun-dried tomatoes and add to skillet; stir in vermouth and brown mustard. Cover and simmer 3 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream and chopped parsley.
- Serve over rice, macaroni or egg noodles.
Makes 4 servings.