Mikey's Buffalo Wings
Mikey's version of spicy-hot buffalo wings, with accompanying 'cool-down' blue cheese dip and celery sticks, are always a hit at parties.
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup hot red pepper sauce (Tabasco)
18 chicken wings (about 3 pounds), disjointed with tips discarded
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Vegetable oil, for frying
Blue Cheese Dressing for accompaniment
Celery Sticks for accompaniment
- Combine melted butter and hot sauce in a large bowl; set aside.
- Season wings with salt and pepper*.
- In large frying pan or deep-fat fryer, heat 1-inch of oil to 360°F (180°C).
- Fry wings in batches, without crowding, for about 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; keep warm.
- Once all the wing are fried, add them to the bowl with the melted butter and hot sauce mixture and gently toss to coat all pieces.
- Serve wings warm with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.
Makes 36 wings.
*Cook's Tip: For a crispier texture, toss the wings in cornstarch prior to frying.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 disjointed wing piece without the blue cheese dressing or celery): 25.1 calories; 86% calories from fat; 2.5g total fat; 7.0mg cholesterol; 37.2mg sodium; 7.1mg potassium; 0.3g carbohydrates; 0.0g fiber; 0.0g sugar; 0.3g net carbs; 0.5g protein.