My son Mike shared his recipe with me several
years ago. These spicy-hot wings, with accompanying "cool-down"
blue cheese dip and celery sticks, are always a hit at parties!
Another delicious recipe from our Family-Favorite
Mikey's Buffalo Wings
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup hot red pepper sauce (Tabasco)
- 18 chicken wings (about 3 pounds), disjointed
with tips discarded
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Vegetable oil, for frying
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Celery Sticks for accompaniment
- Combine melted butter and hot sauce in
a large bowl; set aside.
- Season wings with salt and pepper*.
- In large frying pan or deep-fat fryer,
heat 1-inch of oil to 360°F (180°C). Fry wings in batches,
without crowding, for about 10 to 15 minutes or until golden
brown. Drain on paper towels; keep warm.
- Once all the wing are fried, add them
to the bowl with the melted butter and hot sauce mixture and
gently toss to coat all pieces.
- Serve wings warm with blue cheese dressing
and celery sticks.
Makes 36 wings.
*Cook's Tip: For a crispier texture, toss
the wings in cornstarch prior to frying.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1
disjointed wing piece without the blue cheese dressing or celery):
25.1 calories; 86% calories from fat; 2.5g total fat; 7.0mg cholesterol;
37.2mg sodium; 7.1mg potassium; 0.3g carbohydrates; 0.0g fiber;
0.0g sugar; 0.3g net carbs; 0.5g protein.
Copyright Hope Pryor, please see Terms
of Use. Photograph by Hope Pryor; property of CooksRecipes.com.