Yogurt Topped Vegetable Pie
A quiche-like vegetable pie topped with layers of yogurt, sour cream and sautéed mushrooms.
Pastry for 9-inch, one-crust pie*
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup shredded green cabbage
1 cup thinly-sliced broccoli
1 cup thinly-sliced carrot
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground caraway seed
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons dry white wine
2 large eggs
1/3 cup cream style small curd cottage cheese
3/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup dairy sour cream
1/4 pound fresh mushrooms
- Prepare pastry.
- Melt butter in frying pan. Sauté vegetables just until tender. Stir in spices. Remove from heat and toss with flour and wine.
- Puree eggs and cottage cheese in blender. Add to sautéed vegetables. Mix well.
- Spread into pastry-lined pie plate.
- Stir yogurt and sour cream until creamy. Spread on top of vegetable filling.
- Wash, trim and slice mushrooms. Sauté lightly in butter and arrange gently on top of yogurt layer. Dust with paprika.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
*Use store bought ready-to-use, or homemade pastry using your favorite recipe, or ours: Basic Pie Crust 101.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.