Cuban Pork and Plantains
Serve the flavors of Havana in your backyard with this recipe for Cuban pork and plantains.
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 whole pork tenderloins, trimmed
3 ripe plantains, peeled and cut lengthwise
Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by trimming any sliver skin off the tenderloins and if the loin has a thinner tail tie, for even cooking.
- To a small bowl add olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Brush on the tenderloins.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place tenderloins on grill for about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Brush plantains with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, then grill for about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer tenderloins and plantains to a platter and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
View the recipe for Black Bean Salsa for accompaniment.
Recipe provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.