Pork Steaks with Sweet Potatoes
This pork steak and sweet potato dish is a good hearty way to warm up on a chilly autumn or winter's day. Round the meal out with the classic Traditional Green Bean Casserole and dinner rolls.
4 pork blade steaks, 1/2-inch thick
Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
1 (6-ounce) can unsweetened pineapple juice
1 small green pepper, seeded and cut into rings
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick spray coating. Brown blade steaks over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes a side. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add sweet potato slices, sliced onions and 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add green pepper rings; cook 5 to 10 minutes more or until all is tender.
- Remove meat and vegetables from skillet, retaining juices.
- Stir together cornstarch, cinnamon and remaining pineapple juice. Add to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Serve meat and vegetables with sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.