Turkey, Spinach and Swiss Quiche
This versatile and tasty quiche, with turkey, spinach, onion, red bell pepper and Swiss cheese, is perfect served for brunch, lunch or supper. Complete the meal with a side salad and your favorite chilled beverage. A recipe for using leftover turkey.
2 cups chopped, cooked Honeysuckle White® Turkey Breast
4 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 white onion, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and well-drained
3 large eggs
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1 cup Swiss cheese, grated
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust*
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet.
- Sauté onion, pepper and garlic over medium heat until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add turkey and thawed spinach (squeeze out moisture) and sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper, and beat well.
- Add spinach, cheese and mix.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes, or until center is set.
Makes 6 servings.
*Use store bought ready-to-use, or homemade pastry using your favorite recipe, or ours: Basic Pie Crust 101.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.